FutureFocus May 9, 2018: Revising Conditions Of Participation To Increase Data Sharing
In this week’s FutureFocus, is the announcement of CMS discussing a Request for Information (RFI) for feedback on solutions to achieve better data sharing between providers. A similar RFI was announced recently in FY 2019 PPS updates. There is a possibility of revising Conditions of Participations. Another merger between three home care companies will form one of the largest providers of home-based care in the U.S. In another announcement, Humana and Landmark announce an in-home care program for chronic conditions.
Lisa Remington, President, Remington Health Strategy Group
Insights Changing Post-Acute's Future
* The new focus on discharge planning, patient choice and post-acute providers.
* Telehealth usage advancing through policy changes.
* Bundled payments and the windy road for PAC participants.
* Medicaid and Medicaid managed care preparing for value-based models.
* The value-based market transformation taking bolder steps.
* Value-based innovation models changing the status quo.