Previously, no studies has investigated the utility of home health care within the context of a large and diverse patient population. Learn the 5 key facts about the study.
5 Key Facts About The Study
- Patients who receive home health care after a hospital discharge save $6,433 in healthcare costs over the course of a year.
- During the 365-day post-discharge period, home health care resulted in unadjusted savings of $15,233, or $6,433 after adjusting for covariates.
- Discharge with home health care was associated with significant reduction in healthcare utilization and decreased hazard of readmission and death.
- Home health is associated with reduced hazard of 30-day hospital readmissions.
- For those who had a home health visit within a week of SNF discharge, the data shows almost a 40% decreased hazard of hospital readmission.
- These data inform development of value-based care plans.