6 Key Strategies Defining Their Expanded Footprint
Disruptors or non-traditional providers are quickly accelerating their footprint into the care-at-home market. These providers are addressing the pain points and healthcare gaps that traditional-for-service providers have failed to correct for many years.
Companies such as CVS Health, UnitedHealth Group, Walgreen Boots Alliance, and Walmart are entering the home care space. The commonality of the care delivery models focus on the following:
- Payment models focused on value-based payments vs. fee-for-service.
- Disruption of traditional care delivery models to address gaps in care.
- Creating integrated delivery systems to control or own assets to better manage the patient’s care journey.
- Positioning Medicare Advantage Plans to expand care models in the home.
- Advancing a national scale for care-at-home delivery.
- Keeping patients out of costly facility-based care settings such as SNFs, IRFs, and hospitals.
What do new blueprints for expanding home-based care look like?